March 8, 2021 Board of Commissioners Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that on Monday, March 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. the Kill Devil Hills Board of Commissioners will hold its only regular meeting of the month. This live, in-person meeting will be held in the Meeting Room at the Administration Building, 102 Town Hall Drive, off Colington Road. Limited seating will be available. Social distancing and wearing masks will be required of all who attend this meeting
Meeting materials are available at https://www.kdhnc.com/893/March-8-2021-Board-of-Commissioners-Meet. A printed packet is available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office, Administration Department, 102 Town Hall Drive, off Colington Road. Please contact Town Hall at 252-449-5300 to schedule an inspection time. Live-streaming will be on the KDH Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/townofkdh/
Written comments for Public Comment can be emailed to: email@example.com. Comments must include your name and address and are limited to three minutes for individuals, and five minutes when speaking for a group.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence
- Requested amendments to Chapter 153, Zoning:
- §153.076(D) Off-Street Parking and Loading - Modify Table of Parking Requirements for Retail, Office and Related Uses
- §153.002 Definition add definition for Accessory Dwelling Unit; add §153.315 Accessory Dwelling Units (new section); and §153.176 Commercial, §153.206 Light Industrial 2 and §153.226 Light Industrial 1- add Accessory Dwelling Unit as a Permitted Use
Response to Public Comment
Introductions and Presentations
1. Offer received for purchase of Town-owned property and consideration of Resolution Authorizing the Upset Bid Process for Sale of 2011 South Croatan Highway and 0 South Croatan Highway Adjacent Thereto, and 2032 Wrightsville Avenue
Town Manager’s Agenda
Town Attorney’s Agenda
2. Monthly report
A. #11 - to increase dumpster sales and associated expenses due to increase in demand for dumpsters.
B. #12 - to appropriate 2020-2021 Government Education Access Channels Grant.
C. #13 - to appropriate the grant award from the Governor’s Crime Commission for school safety.
D. #14 - to appropriate the grant award from the Dare County Tourism Board for the Meekins Field Community Park project.
6. Schedule public hearings on the following recommended amendments
B. Amended Conditional Use Site Plan – Leslie Hornfeck – Unit 808 E Eighth Avenue, Nature’s Walk, in the Light Industrial Two Zone – to modify site plan to remove workforce housing designation from Unit 808E
Response to Public Comment
Posted this 3rd day of March 2021.
James Michael O’Dell
Deputy Town Clerk