BOC meeting Monday, April 12, 2021
Details about the meeting can be found here.
BULK TRASH COLLECTION SCHEDULED
The Town of Kill Devil Hills Public Services Department will begin collection
of APPROVED bulk trash items from IMPROVED properties within the Town
of Kill Devil Hills on Monday, April 19, 2021. APPROVED items for collection
may be placed in the Street right-of way not earlier than Sunday, April 4, 2021
and not later than Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Please place approved bulk trash items in (4) separate bundles as follows:
- Branches: No longer than 6 feet
- Tree Trunks: No more than 14 inches in length and 12 inches in diameter
- No stumps, lot clearings, or debris from unimproved lots
- Bagged Yard Waste: Pine needle, pine cones, lawn clippings, leaves, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT use plastic trash bags for yard waste: USE PAPER BIODEGRADABLE YARD DEBRIS BAGS for items such as pine needles, pine cones, lawn clippings, and leaves. Please ask for these biodegradable yard bags at your local hardware or gardening supply center. For use during this collection, residents that live within the Town of Kill Devil Hills corporate limits may obtain a limited supply of these bags, at no charge and while supplies last, from the Town’s Public Services office located at 107 Town Hall Drive. Please call 252-480-4080 for availability and instructions.
- White Goods and Metals: Refrigerators (please remove doors), stoves, washing machines, dryers, hot water heaters, bicycles, metal lawn furniture, air conditioners, metal bed frames, etc.
- No items can be longer than 12 feet – pipe, cable, etc.
- No vehicles or any major portion of cars, boats, trailers, motorcycles, etc.
- No motors or machinery with an oil reservoir or gas tank
- No propane tanks or sealed canisters of any type
- Large Furniture Items: Sofas, beds, mattresses, chairs, tables, bookshelves, etc.
- No construction materials or lumber of any kind - no pallets, cabinets, paneling, doors, carpet, flooring, insulation, drywall, shingles, tubs, toilets, sinks, etc.
- No concrete, masonry materials, or asphalt
- No glass - no windows, televisions, mirrors, camper shells, etc.
PROHIBITED ITEMS: No tires, cardboard, paper products, recyclables, paint, paint products, hazardous materials, or items produced as a result of a contracted service or business
Non-Approved Materials, Mixed Piles, And Items That Are Improperly Sorted Will Not Be Collected!
Additional information about the upcoming Spring Bulk Trash Collection can be obtained by calling the Public Services Department at 252-480-4080 or by visiting the Town of Kill Devil Hills’ website at www.kdhnc.com