The Finance and Tax Department plans, organizes, and directs all financial activities of the Town in accordance with state laws, local budget, and generally accepted accounting principles for local government.
This includes collection of taxes for prior years through 2001 while the Dare County Tax Department is charged with billing and collection of property taxes for years 2002 to the present.
Kill Devil Hills Tax and Finance Department
102 Town Hall Drive
P.O. Box 1719
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Finance Director: Beverly Kissinger
Assistant Finance Director: Amy Miller
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
To provide efficient and effective administration of the Town's various operations through centrailized support functions including collections, accounts payable, purchasing, cash management, payroll, and financial reporting.
How are we doing? Finance Department Customer Service Form
- Billing and collection of privilege licenses
- All cash receipting functions
- Accounts payable and cash disbursements
- Debt issuances
- Fixed asset administration
- General liability and property insurance programs
- Preparation of the annual operating budget and the Comprehensive Annual Finance Report (CAFR)
- Ensure that transactions are handled timely and accurately
- Assist other departments with purchasing, budget compliance and financial reporting
- Certify tax records for real estate transactions for closing attorneys
- Sell dog tags for the Police Department Animal Control Division and accepts payments for other animal control-related fees
- Accept payments for utilities (water, sewer) bills, building and zoning applications and permits
Resources You Might Find Helpful
Tax Valuation Power Point presentation from the April 8, 2013 Board of Commissioners Meeting. This Power Point presentation explains how the Ad valorem re-valuation may affect your property taxes calculations.
FY 2014/2015 Adopted Budget
FY 2013/2014 Adopted Budget
FY 2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
FY 2012 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report