Albemarle Regional Planning Commission
- this link will take you to Region R's regional planning commission, which can provide direct services and assistance in planning, program development and management, public-private partnerships and leadership to residents and businesses in the local, northeastern North Carolina region.
Avalon Beach Improvement Association
- this link will take you to the Avalon Subdivision property owners association.
Dare County League of Women Voters Citizens Guide
- this link will take you to the League's annual Citizens' Guide, a valuable telephone and address directory of local offices and officials.
Learn what the law is in North Carolina and also how to use fireworks safely in this PDF developed by the Town of Kill Devil HIlls.
Keep America Beautiful
Town of Duck, North Carolina
Town of Southern Shores, North Carolina
Town of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Town of Nags Head, North Carolina
Town of Manteo, North Carolina
- photos of the downtown Manteo waterfront. #1
Charter Communications for cablevision service in the 27948 ZIP Code
College of the Albemarle Dare County Campus
Dare County Children and Youth Partnership
Dare County, North Carolina
Board of Education
Friends of Youth
Oregon Inlet & Waterways Commission
Parks and Recreation
Dare Respite Care
- Administered by the Dare County Department of Public Health, Dare Respite Care is a volunteer family support program. Follow the link for more information on how this important service might provide relief for you or your loved ones.
The Elizabethan Gardens on Roanoke Island
The Lost Colony - America's Oldest Outdoor Drama
Replace the Bonner Bridge Now
- a citizens action website dedicated to replacement of the bridge
- poster encouraging support of new bridge construction
Federal Environmental Assessment for Pea Island Long-Term Improvements
(Bonner Bridge Replacement Project Phase IIA) - February/March 2013
Jockey's Ridge State Park
Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration
- Our mission: Save lives, prevent injuries, reduce vehicle-related crashes. This link opens up on an important page about bicycle safety.
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue Citizen and Community Services
, State of
Attorney General -
Attorney General Roy Cooper shares new tools to fight meth addiction. Hundreds of secret drug labs have been shut down it's become harder for criminals to make methampetamines, but meth is powerfully addictive and more must be done to protect our communities. Following the link to the Attorney General's website for additional information and to view a video on methamphetamine addiction.
Aquarium at Roanoke Island
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Dare County Office
- Dare County Center gives our county's residents easy access to the resources and expertise of NC State University and NC A&T State University. Through educational programs, publications, and events, Cooperative Extension agents deliver unbiased, research-based information to Dare County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site or contact us by email or phone. You may call us at (252) 473-4290 from 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. A support staff member will answer your questions or direct your inquiry to the appropriate agent.
We offer you - the community member - educational programs and information in the areas of Agriculture and Horticulture, 4-H and Youth Development, and Family and Consumer Education. There are also civic activities in 4-H Clubs, the Extension and Community Association and the Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program.
Division of Water Resources
Ferry Division (for ferry schedules and locations)
ReadyNC - plan now for emergencies
Road Conditions Information
North Carolina General Assembly
Senator Stan White
Representative Tim Spear
North Carolina General Statutes
Outer Banks Crimeline
- Follow this link to access this local crimefighting organization.
Outer Banks History Center
Roanoke Island Festival Park
Surfrider Foundation, USA
- this brochure describes a 22-week military oriented resident program for qualified young adults. Residence is followed by an intensive year-long placement and mentoring phase to aid adjustment to the worlds of work and follow-on education. It is conducted by the North Carolina National Guard for young men and women from ages 16-18 years old who want to make major changes in their lives and are willing to take the responsibility for making them happen.
Need some help translating portions of this website? Click here
to access an on-line translation service. Translations may not be exact, though, so be aware.
United States Coast Guard Station - Oregon Inlet
United States House of Representatives
Representative Walter B. Jones
United States Senate
Senator Richard Burr
Senator Kay Hagan
UNC-CH School of Government
School of Government Local Government Document Warehouse
North Carolina Driver's License Renewal